Spicy Cheddar & Bacon Deviled Eggs
Pump up the flavor in these simple deviled eggs for an easy, crowd-pleasing appetizer.
- 12 eggs
- 10 oz. package Stonemill® Kitchens Spicy Cheddar Bacon Dip
- 2 pieces thick-cut bacon
- 2 tbsp. chopped chives
- Fill medium sized pot with water and bring to a boil, then carefully place all 12 eggs in boiling water with a slotted spoon. Ensure all eggs are fully submerged in the water. Reduce to a simmer to avoid cracking the eggs, and boil for 11 minutes.
- While eggs are boiling, cook 2 pieces of bacon in a small frying pan on medium/high until crispy (approx. 4-5 mins).
- Drain eggs and immediately chill in an ice bath to cool and stop the cooking process. Once eggs are cooled thoroughly (approx. 15 mins), peel, rinse, and place on a paper towel to dry.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise and remove yolk into a medium sized bowl; place egg white halves on a plate or serving tray.
- With a fork, smash egg yolks until they are they are very small crumbles. Add Spicy Bacon & Cheddar Dip to egg yolks and mix well until smooth.
- With a reusable or disposable pastry bag, with a medium sized tip, pipe egg yolk mixture into egg white halves.
- Chop fresh chives and crumble the cooked bacon. Sprinkle both atop the eggs as garnishes.
Pair these salty-centered deviled eggs with a light, dry white wine like a Pinot Grigio or a Sauvignon Blanc.