Strawberry Cheesecake Napoleon
This classic French pastry will surely delight guests for any special occasion. Moderately easy to make and ideal for showing off your pastry talents.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 lb frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 container Stonemill Kitchens® Strawberry Cheesecake Dessert Dip
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Seeds scraped from 1/2 vanilla bean, optional
- Powdered sugar, optional
- PREHEAT oven to 400℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, COMBINE sugar and vanilla seeds (optional). Mix well to combine. Otherwise, place sugar only in bowl.
- LAY phyllo flat on a countertop and cover with a dry towel, then place a damp towel on top to keep phyllo pliable while you work. Remove 2 sheets of phyllo and stack on top of one another on countertop.
- BRUSH top phyllo sheet with butter and sprinkle lightly with sugar. Place 2 more phyllo sheets on top, brush with butter, and sprinkle with sugar. Repeat 2 more times, until there are 8 layers of phyllo. Brush top layer with butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- CUT phyllo into 2 x 3 1/2-inch rectangles with a sharp knife or pizza cutter. Transfer to prepared baking sheet and nest a second baking sheet directly on top to prevent warping during baking. Bake until phyllo is browned and crisp, 15-20 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool completely. Repeat the layering process with remaining phyllo sheets, and bake as directed. If desired, phyllo rectangles can be made up to this point, placed in an airtight container, and stored at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, BEAT heavy cream on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold half the Strawberry Cheesecake dip into the cream and stir. Then fold in remaining dip.
- To assemble, PLACE half the phyllo rectangles on a serving platter. Spread or pipe creamed mixture in a 1/2-inch thick layer on top, then top with a few strawberries. Place a second phyllo layer on top. Spread or pipe creamed mixture in a 1/2-inch thick layer on top, then top with a few strawberry slices. Place a third and final layer of phyllo on top. If desired, dust the tops with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.
Pair napoleons with a dry sparkling wine or after-dinner coffee.