Bacon Cheddar Biscuits
These flavor‑packed biscuits will make any breakfast memorable.
- 5 cups all‑purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 4 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 9 oz. cold butter (2 sticks plus 1 tablespoon), cut into small pieces
- ¾ cup bacon bits
- 2 ½ cups cheddar cheese, grated
- ¼ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 5 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- (2) 10oz Stonemill® Kitchens Spicy Cheddar & Bacon Dip
- Bacon, eggs, etc. to build sandwiches, if desired
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
3. Add the cold butter pieces into the flour mixture and combine until you get a crumb‑like texture, then add the bacon, cheese, and green onions.
4. Add the eggs, buttermilk, and one package of the Stonemill Kitchens® Spicy Cheddar & Bacon Dip. Mix until just combined. The dough should be slightly tacky, but not sticky. Add more flour if too wet, or more buttermilk if too dry.
5. Dust a clean surface with flour and roll out the dough to 1‑inch thickness with a rolling pin.
6. Cut into desired shape and transfer to a baking sheet sprayed with non‑stick spray.
7. Bake at 350° F for 15‑20 minutes until done in the middle.
8. While baking, fry eggs and bacon.
9. Once finished, spread Stonemill Kitchens® Spicy Cheddar & Bacon Dip on one side, then assemble the biscuit sandwiches.
Serve with fresh orange juice or mimosas.