Bacon Cheddar Biscuits
These flavor-packed biscuits will make breakfast or brunch memorable.
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 9 oz cold butter (2 sticks plus 1 tablespoon), cut into small pieces
- ¾ cup bacon bits
- 2 ½ cups cheddar cheese, grated
- ¼ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 5 lg eggs
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- (2) 10oz Stonemill® Kitchens Spicy Cheddar & Bacon Dip
- Other: Bacon and eggs to build sandwich with
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cold chopped up butter pieces into the flour mixture and combine until you get a crumb-like texture, then add the bacon, cheese, and green onions.
- Add the eggs, buttermilk and 1 package of the dip. Mix until just combined. The dough should be slightly tacky, but not sticky. Add more flour if too wet, or more buttermilk if too dry.
- Dust a clean surface with flour and roll out the dough to 1-inch thickness with a rolling pin.
- Cut into desired shape and transfer to a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes until done in the middle.
- While baking, fry eggs and bacon.
- Once finished, spread Stonemill® Kitchens Spicy Cheddar & Bacon Dip on one side, then assemble the biscuit sandwiches
Serve with fresh orange juice or mimosas.