Bacon Cheddar Biscuits
Packed with flavor, these biscuits will make breakfast or brunch memorable.
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 9 oz cold butter (2 cubes plus 1 tablespoon), cut into small pieces
- ¾ cup bacon bits
- 2 ½ cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon sage, chopped fine
- ¼ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 lg eggs
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- 10 oz Stonemill Kitchens Spicy Cheddar Bacon Dip
- Other: Bacon and eggs to serve with, and 10 oz Stonemill Kitchens Spicy Cheddar Bacon Dip for spread
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add the butter, bacon, cheese and green onions.
- Add the eggs, buttermilk and 1 package of the dip. Mix until just combined. The dough should be slightly tacky, but not sticky. Add more flour if too wet, or more buttermilk if too dry.
- Dust a clean surface with flour and roll out the dough to 1-inch thickness with a rolling pin.
- Cut into desired shape and transfer to a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes until done in the middle.
- While baking, fry eggs and bacon.
- Serve biscuits as breakfast sandwich spread with Stonemill Kitchens Spicy Cheddar Bacon Dip, bacon and scrambled or fried egg.
Serve with orange juice or mimosas.