Roasted Street Corn Chicken Flautas
Creamy filling with shredded chicken wrapped in a crispy flour tortilla.
- Two packages Stonemill® Kitchens Roasted Street Corn Dip
- 1 lb. cooked chicken breast from Deli, shredded
- 1 package Don Pancho® Golden Blend Flour/Corn 6” Tortillas (10 tortillas)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp. flour
- ¼ cup water
- 2 cups oil, for pan frying
- In a large bowl, mix shredded chicken with the dip.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk egg, flour and water together.
- To assemble: on a cutting board, lay out tortilla flat, and place filling evenly (about thumb width), across the bottom half of the tortilla. Tuck the bottom end under and roll until you have about 1 inch left. Brush ends with the egg wash and seal.
- Add oil into large frying pan and heat to 350 degrees F. Tip: be sure the pan is large enough to fit the flautas, otherwise, you will need to cut in half.
- Once the oil is ready, carefully place the flautas in the oil, seam side down. Flautas are done when all the sides are golden brown and internal temperature is 160 degrees F.
- Remove from pan onto a wire rack to rest and to let any excess oil drip off.
- Serve with any leftover Stonemill Kitchens Roasted Street Corn Dip, guacamole, or red salsa.
Pairs well with a Mexican-style beer such as Corona or Modelo