Artichoke Jalapeño Meatballs
Mouthwatering, bite-size appetizer with a little kick.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ med. yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chop
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ lb. ground pork or mild Italian sausage
- ⅓ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 lg. egg, beaten
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 10 oz. package Stonemill® Kitchens Artichoke Jalapeño & Parmesan Dip
- 1 jar jarred tomato pasta sauce
- Sauté onion and garlic in 1 tbs. olive oil. Cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix remaining ingredients, including onion and garlic.
- Roll mixture into 2 1/2-inch meatballs.
- In a hot pan with 1 tbsp. olive oil, brown all sides of the meatballs.
- Pour your favorite tomato pasta sauce into an 8 x 8 oven proof pan with sides taller than the meatballs. Place the browned meatballs on top of the tomato sauce and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for approx. 25 to 30 minutes at 375 degrees F until the internal temperature of meatballs reads 165 degrees F.
- Serve with pasta or on a bun for a meatball sandwich with peppers, onion, and cheese.
Pair with your favorite champagne.