Artichoke Jalapeño Meatballs
Mouthwatering, bite-size appetizer with a little kick.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ lb. ground pork or mild Italian sausage
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- (1) 10 oz. package Stonemill® Kitchens Artichoke Jalapeño & Parmesan Dip
- 1 jar tomato sauce
- In a large pan, sauté onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix remaining ingredients, including onion and garlic.
- Roll mixture into two-and-a-half‑inch meatballs.
- In a hot pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, brown all sides of the meatballs.
- Pour your favorite tomato sauce in an 8 x 8 inch oven safe pan with sides taller than the meatballs. Place the browned meatballs on top of the tomato sauce and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for approximately 25‑30 minutes at 375° F until the internal temperature reads 165° F.
- Serve with pasta or on a bun for a meatball sandwich with peppers, onion, and cheese.
Pair with your favorite champagne.