Artichoke Jalapeño & Parmesan Crab Cakes
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 Lemon, zested and juiced, reserve juice for remoulade sauce
- 2 Tbsp. sliced green onion
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped Italian parsley leaves
- 5 oz. (½ container) Stonemill Kitchens® Artichoke, Jalapeño & Parmesan Dip
- ⅔ Cup Dungeness crab meat, fresh (picked clean of shells)
- ⅓ cup breadcrumbs
- Canola or vegetable oil to pan fry
- Juice from zested lemon
- 5 oz. (½ container) Stonemill® Kitchens Artichoke, Jalapeño & Parmesan Dip
- For Remoulade Sauce, mix the lemon juice and 5 oz. Stonemill® Kitchens Artichoke Jalapeño & Parmesan Dip together.
- For Crab Cakes, combine beaten egg, lemon zest, green onion, parsley, and remaining Stonemill® Kitchens Artichoke Jalapeño & Parmesan Dip until mixed.
- Fold Dungeness crab into wet mixture to combine.
- Mix in breadcrumbs until thoroughly combined and let sit in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to set up.
- Heat non-stick or cast iron pan to medium heat and place enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan. When the oil shimmers, place 1 oz. scoops of the crab cake mixture in pan to brown. Do not overcrowd the pan or the cakes will steam and not brown properly.
- Flatten slightly into a cake while cooking.
- Cook until golden brown on bottom side, flip and continue cooking until brown on the other side.
- Place onto plate with paper towels when complete.
- Transfer to platter and top with each crab cake with a dollop of sauce and serve warm.
Pair with Pale Ale for beer, Pinot Blanc or Cava for wine